The first step is setting up a new connection in test IO and assigning it to the respective project in your bug tracker. This can be done via Integrations > Bug Tracker > Manage Connections > Add a connection.
To add a new connection you'll need to:
- Provide access to your bug tracking instance (the account you use should have the rights to read and write issues)
- Pick a project for the bug export
- Go through the mapping and pick which test IO information your ticket fields should be populated with
If the configuration was successful, a demo bug will be exported into your system. To complete the process, please assign the created connection to a test IO product. All bugs reported in the selected test IO product will be exported into the mapped project in your system.
If you are using Jira Cloud or Jira Server, you can install a test IO add-on, which is available on the Jira Atlassian Marketplace.
Exporting a Bug
There are two export modes available: Auto and Manual
- Auto-export will automatically push every accepted bug into your system.
- Manual mode requires an additional click on "Export" to trigger it.
You can export a bug via the bug list (Column "Status" > "export") or via the bug detail view by clicking on the "Export" button at the bottom.